Today I finished replacing the 6 most problematic cabinet latches in the Casita. All but one of the new ones works great. That one looks like it’s going to be pretty touchy. But it should still be an improvement over the old one.
Then I moved on to replacing rusty hinges on the pantry over the refrigerator.
Let’s just say it wasn’t a fun task. I scrubbed and scrubbed and got most, but not all, of the rust off the pantry door and the fiberglass cabinet.
The new screw hole patterns do not match the old ones exactly, so I have filled in the old holes with glue and toothpicks. The new screws will overlap the old holes by about one-half.
I’m taking a break from trailer projects for a day or two because this one has really gotten on my nerves.
The hinges on the lower kitchen cabinet are also rusting, so I will have to replace them, too. But I may wait until after our next camping trip to get to them.
I’m getting crabby and impatient with my projects. Do I ever need this upcoming getaway!