I got all the old silicone off the gray and black water tank vents… and got them caulked. Actually, it looks more like someone iced a cake than caulked. That is my bugaboo. I cannot caulk a decent seam. Fortunately it’s on the roof so it’s not easily visible. And it won’t leak.
I was going to use C-10 sealant that I ordered on the net. But it wouldn’t come out of the tube (and I did poke a hole in the seal). Finally the tube started deforming when I used the caulk gun, so I cut the tube open and it was solidified. They sold me an old, apparently very old, tube.
Also my silicone remover had solidified, so apparently it was old when I bought it, too.
If I hadn’t had a partial tube of Dicor self leveling caulking on hand, I’d have been up a creek. And since I had used it before, the tip had solidified caulking in it so I had to cut it way down. That’s part of the reason for the cake icing effect.
I’m going to wait until I get all new supplies before I tackle the caulking around the lights, stove vent, etc.
Ron took the truck in today and got the trailer charge line fixed. Some hot wire was missing and there was a bad fuse. The fix only cost $49.00, so that was a very pleasant surprise!