I finally got the tatted candle done. It’s one of Nancy Tracy’s free patterns.
I made a few changes on it. The original pattern had a smaller flame. I also had a few problems following the pattern, but am not sure if it was me or the pattern. I ripped out errors a couple of times… and those little white ribbons are covering a couple more that I didn’t feel like redoing. 🙂
This motif took me a lot longer to do than the wreath motif in an earlier post. So I’ll probably not use it on any more of my Christmas cards. At least, not this year.
Today was the last of our +100 degree days for the year, I hope. Tropical Storm Lee is supposed to bring us significantly cooler temperatures and around 5″ of much needed rain.
Today I went outside and reassured our heat-stressed trees that rain is on the way!