I talked with the people at the RV repair shop today. The only reason they can think of why my water heater may have rusted out so badly is that I could have run some bad water through it. I had wondered if maybe some kind of industrial fumes could have caused it. But I’m not aware of having parked around anything like that.
We use water from everywhere in the camper, so I have no idea where we could have picked up something corrosive in it. We’ve never parked the camper at the beach, so it can’t be salt air.
In any case, I have an appointment to take the Aliner into the shop Monday to have the wiring on the new water heater hooked up. I should have it back by mid week.
And then we will go camping.