I finally finished the little purse tonight.
I had a hard time finding appropriate beginner edging patterns. Finally I found a pattern on one of the needle tatting forums. Then I saw this really cool picture on Flickr of bunny ears edging. So I managed to adapt it to work on my project.
I looked and looked for a cat pattern for the back pocket that would work up small enough on beginner size 10 thread and size 5 (* see note at end) needles, but couldn’t find one I liked. So I made one up that looks a lot like the cats I used to draw in first grade.
Hopefully the recipient won’t be too critical.
I did sew everything down very firmly so whoever gets it will have to work hard at tearing the flowers off!
That’s it for the crafts for a few days. I need a break!
Will start repairing the weather stripping on the Aliner next week. Some of it has come loose.
*Edited to add: I thought I was using size 5 needles. I was actually using size 3 which is for light sports yarn. No wonder the stitches were so loose!